Doutzen Kroes (pronounced Dow-tzen Crew-s) (born January 23, 1985 in Eastermar, the Netherlands) is a Dutch model and currently one of the Victoria’s Secret Angels.
Here you can know more about the dutch super model that graces all the catwalks. Feel free to donate anything to the website. Just contact me.
Kroes was born in the town of Eastermar, in the province of Fryslân, the Netherlands in January 23, 1985. After graduating high school (HAVO), she sent snapshots to modeling agency Paparazzi in Amsterdam.
- Awards, Nominations and References
Doutzen was selected Model of the Year by Vogue.com readers in 2005
Prix de la mode 2006 for best model (Spain)
Prix de la mode 2007 for best model (The Netherlands)
- Name Meaning
Meaning: Uncertain, perhanps “dove”
Pronunciation: Doóut zén
Used in: Coutries that speak Dutch
- Trivia/ Facts
– In 2006, Doutzen signed a lucrative three-year contract with cosmetics company L’Oréal Paris.
– Named the world’s fifth highest-paid model by Forbes, having made a reported $6 million in the past year, on April 30rd 2008
– She loves sailing, surfing and ice-skating.
– Dated Reshad Strik (?)
– She has a waxen statue in Madame Tussauds (Amsterdam)
“It may sound cliché, but real beauty comes from inside.”